0

It's A Weird World

I have come to believe that the world is full of weird people.

You see, yesterday I was taking a train to town. It was a normal Saturday ride, with lots of people and no seats available. So I stood throughout the way. Precisely, I stood approximately 3 arms length away from the door. Normal, rite?

I was wearing a pair of khakis pants, a pink top, Americaya white sandals, and listening to Mp3. Not very outstanding. Normal, rite?

Then, at one station, several people boarded the train. One of which is a tanned balding uncle in striped shirt. Immediately upon entering the train, he stood near the door, about 1.5 arms length away from me, and facing away from me. Nothing extraordinary, so normal, rite?

A few stations later, Balding Uncle suddenly turned to my direction talking and grinning sleazily. I was abit caught off guard, but reasoned that he probably is talking on his handphone. But when I looked closely, he wasn't holding one. Then I thought he might be using Bluetooth. But when I looked carefully, he didn't have a receiver on his ear. I was getting uneasy as he kept grinning and his eyes kept sweeping in my direction, up and down as if I'm a mannequin on display. His eyes diverted a little to a direction approximately 45 degrees behind me. Then I thought he might be smiling at his kaki behind me. But when I cautiously swung my sight in the same direction, no other ah pek was behind. Nor is there anyone smiling back at Balding Uncle. NOT NORMAL, RITE??

I thought I was paranoid, but the more Balding Uncle grinned sleazily, the more nervous I became. He was obviously enjoying himself with whatever view in my direction that appeared to amused him so much. I prayed hard that he didn't plan to jump on me in the midst of the crowd in the train. Rather, I prayed hard that he would get off the train before me. At one point, he simply let the sleazy look hung on me that I was on the verge of running to another end of the train. Fortunately, several station later, 2 women boarded and decided to stand in front of me, blocking me from Balding Uncle's view. And when they did, Balding Uncle turned around and resumed his initial position of facing the opposite direction.

I was relieved at the reprieve from the sleazy stare, and totally disgusted by his daring-ness. I mean, it's so discourteous to stare at someone for goodness sake, and what more with THAT look and suggestive grinning. At that time, I wished the trains here have cars designated specially for women, just like the Women Cars I saw in Osaka Subway. It would be nice to put the perverts away from within stare-able diameter, ugh.

~みはる~

0 penciled thoughts:

Back to Top