Love's gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted.
- Rabindranath Tagore
The depth and tenderness of that quote struck me deeply as I witnessed an old friend taking a ceremonious step into married life.
It's strange to watch someone you have known for over two decades standing there in front, vowing to stay with another person for life. Not weird-strange. Just, happy-strange. Tender-strange, maybe.
It's like, we were once carefree, innocent children, running around screaming and playing without a care for the world. The laughter, the mischief, the tantrums, the tears, the hugs, the childlike wonder.
And now, we are carefree children no longer. We do not run around screaming and playing anymore. No more mischief, tantrums, carefree world. We are adults, bounded by responsibilities, burden, worries, problems of the world.
But when I am with her, I seem to forget we are adults with heavy burdens. She is still the same carefree innocent friend I used to play with over 20 years ago. My time stopped there with her; we are still two 7-year-olds running around with childlike wonder.
And as I watched her standing there, hand-in-hand with the love of her life, I feel so much joy my heart can't contain. My eyes brimmed with tears of happiness. I am still filled with childlike wonder, at my carefree innocent friend getting married. I am just so happy she found someone to share her life with. The beautiful glow on my friend's face today taught me one thing:
"Love's gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted."
Congratulations, Grace. I wish you an everlasting and blessed married life!

By



3 penciled thoughts:
"Love's gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted."
"Like" Clicked~
Thanks,
cs
You don't know who left them?
Rhode, if you meant the flowers in the post after this, it was a surprise delivery by my boyfriend :)
Post a Comment