I've made more than 200 tubes of E.coli cells, and yet, NONE of them are competent!!! T_T
You see, I'm creating a bacterial genomic library for my FYP and as with all standard protocols, I need competent hosts that can efficiently carry the genome. So, I had to make a fresh batch of competent E.coli cells for my purpose. After spending a week making 2 batches of cells amounting to more than 200 vials, NONE of them passed the efficiency test. And now my whole molecular library construction is brought to a halt because I couldn't generate the right host!! To make the matter worst, I don't know why! And to top it off, the procedure is taking too freaking long!!! The incubation period is like 16 hours, and I have twice come out with barely a handful of E.coli colonies on the plates. T_T
To the E.coli on the 24 plates sitting in the 37 degrees incubator right now, please...G.R.O.W.
たのむよ!
~みはる~
Little Raincoat Girls
-
Little girls in raincoats are so cute.
[image: Photobucket]
Saw a little girl decked in a mini-raincoat and carrying a mini
strawberry-shaped umbrella on ...
15 years ago
By



0 penciled thoughts:
Post a Comment