0

Britain's Got Talent 2009

I confess that I have been away indulging in guilty pleasures.

I've been religiously following Britain's Got Talent (BGT) 2009 on Youtube for 3 reasons:
a) Britain's really GOT talent,
b) Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden and Piers Morgan are the most enjoyable panel of judges to watch,
c) Ant and Dec are absolutely the funniest hosts ever. (Did I also mention Dec is really cute?!)

It's simply marvelous the variety of super talented acts that auditioned for BGT. Street dance, opera, theatre, intrumentalism, ventriloquism, you name it Britain's got it. The showcase of talents was, in no better words, mind-blowing. There are also really stupid and funny acts that makes you wonder how sane the British are (Mr Methane, Darth Jackson...), but the talented ones were really really really a delight to watch.

I have to say, this year's BGT has a line-up of nothing but amazing talents from the semi-finals onwards. Every act (well, almost) was brilliantly fantastic at each session of the semi-finals, and I find it so difficult to pick a favorite for the Final. However, I thoroughly adore:

Shaheen Jafargholi, the 12-year-old singer from Swansea with the most unbelievably powerful voice ever a kid can ever have,
Watch Shaheen at BGT '09 final

Hollie Steel, the 10-year-old singer-ballerina whose pure voice gave me the goosebumps,
Watch Hollie at BGT '09 final

Shaun Smith, the 17-year-old A-levels student who got me smitten with his renditions of rock-pop songs,
Watch Shaun at BGT '09 final

Diversity, the street dance group with the most original routine I've ever seen in my life,
Watch Diversity at BGT '09 final

Stavros Flatly, the father-son duo with simply the most entertaining Greek dance number EVER
Watch Stavros at BGT '09 final

Of course, there had been also so much hype about Susan Boyle, the 47-year-old singer from Scotland, whose rendition of 'I Dreamed A Dream' from Les Miserables, stunned the world (and still do).
Watch Susan at BGT '09 final

All these talents (and more) auditioned and competed for the coveted title of BGT 2009's winner as well as a chance to perform in the Royal Variety show in front of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth. And seriously, you can't pick one from these because they are all equally fantastic!! The standard for BGT leapt really high this year, not one finalist was not good (well, except for 2 Grand, in my opinion).

And to my utmost delight, my favourite dance group, Diversity, was crowned the winner of BGT 2009. After their performance, there was no doubt they are the winner. In Amanda's words, they "nailed it" with their dance routine. It was sheer perfection.

It had been an excellent run of auditions and I simply can't wait for the next series of BGT to show more of British talents.

Can I just say, what blinking brilliant talents BGT have this year!

~みはる~

Disclaimer: All videos from Youtube and belongs to the respective uploaders. None of it is mine and all contents are owned by ITV.

0 penciled thoughts:

Back to Top