2

Benign email

Heartache, I realized, does not necessarily go away with time.

Perhaps the sharp edges of pain becomes dull over time, but at the pull of a wrong trigger, it can hurtle you back into the unpleasant ride of limbic rollercoaster. Leaves a really bad aftertaste.

I should have done a clean sweep and left no broken shards. But I didn't.
And now, it looks like it will hurt a lot to yank out the remaining shard.

What a random revelation. And all it took was a benign email.

2 penciled thoughts:

chenadoll19 said...

i could not have said it better, i can completely relate with every word that you wrote. but i find that with everyday that passes the pain gets a little duller.

Miharu said...

chenadoll19, thanks for your comments. I guess pain does get duller with time when we don't attempt to confront it, but I also think that not confronting it is like leaving the glass in your flesh, sitting there for as long as you allow it - it'll hurt just as much when you pull it out sooner or later. Might be good to do the job sooner, then there's no need to be subjected to more unpleasant shocks coming from more benign emails... :)

Back to Top