Or so, I realized.
We often neglect how a little trust in the character, a little believe in the capacity and a little faith in the good heart of another person can be of great inspiration and comfort to them. Sometimes, very simple words such as, "I believe in you" is all that it is needed to give them the confidence to soar past their limits.
I learnt this watching a colleague of mine struggling through numerous cycles of highs and (very) lows in her life. I watched how she took unpleasant words like knife into her flesh, and when she confided in me, tears would flow and I could feel her pain burning and her yearning for affirmation. I could only watch helplessly and bolster her morally because it is not I who can give her the affirmation she needs. It makes me wonder why can't people do a little kindness and give a little affirmation once in a while.
It wouldn't cost a penny, right?
Yet, it would mean more than anything to the person at the receiving end.
~みはる~
By



0 penciled thoughts:
Post a Comment