Time flies.
It's unbelievable how time seemed to have sneaked past me unnoticed. Twelve Gregorian months over in a blink of an eye and here we are again - between the end of the year and the beginning of another.
A great deal had happened this year, but I still cannot quite grasp it all. So many things occurred so quickly, the significance of all the events probably have not quite sink in yet.
For me, 2011 will be archived along the other years that are remembered for the novel experiences I deeply cherish.
It is a year I struggled through incredible highs and lows in writing up my doctoral dissertation. I had many lessons on scientific writing, deadlines and expectations, as well as mental and emotional strength and how friendly support can tide one miserable graduate student through the worst of times.
It is a year I discovered that having someone special does make the days seem a lot lovelier than they really are. I had a taste of growing in a relationship with someone and re-learned the notion of trust and was pleasantly rewarded with many memorable experiences.
It is a year I learnt to appreciate the present. Many incidences highlighted the impermanence of the past, the unpredictability of the future and the fragility of the present. While I do not subscribe to submission to fate, I am not arrogant either to believe we are invulnerable to fate. So, today is what I have, and I want to appreciate every present moment like it will be my last.
It's been a year full of memorable experiences. I love 2011 for all the good and the bad, and am looking forward to an exciting 2012 ahead.
Cheers to a happy new year!
Little Raincoat Girls
-
Little girls in raincoats are so cute.
[image: Photobucket]
Saw a little girl decked in a mini-raincoat and carrying a mini
strawberry-shaped umbrella on ...
15 years ago

By



9 penciled thoughts:
Trying find a way to follow your blog, it seems you don't have the button?
The RSS button is on the top right corner.
Ur r8...Havin someone special makes the time fly...
This is completely true...I feel exactly the same. Since when wasn't my hardest decision picking which colour crayon to use? :|
its awesome.
Amazing. I simply love your blog. It makes me happy (strangely).
Thanks, Daisy. I'm glad you like it :)
Dear Miharu,
You're welcome. I'm glad you wrote back. It makes me happy (strangely).
Sincerely,
Daisy Thorn
Even though it's 2013 right now but this blog reminded me so much about my days as a graduate student and all the highs and lows associated with it. Thanks for making me reminisce.
Post a Comment