0

日本語能力試験

Nihongo nōryoku shiken. a.k.a. Japanese Language Proficiency Test.

Yeap, the test I wanted to take is finally open for registration........ except that I'm in a bind now to opt for either Level 3 or Level 4.

Due to administration changes, Sensei regretfully announced that she could not afford to give us a crash course prior the exam. Which, is actually quite important. Conventionally, students from my university will finish with the school-offered Japanese Language Level 3, attend the 2-day crash course before taking JLPT3. Alternatively, if they finish at Japanese Language Level 2, they can opt for JLPT4. Even with the completion of Japanese Level 3 course, there is still quite a syllabus gap between Japanese Level 3 and JLPT3. So the crash course serves to bridge the gap.

So, life loves to present surprises... and coincidentally, just when I am eager to take the test, the crash course was cancelled. Meaning..... bridge the gap yourself-lor.  自分で勉強しなければなりません。

The JLPT guidelines stated that to take JLPT4, the individual should fulfil 150 studying hours of Japanese. For JLPT3, it is 300 hours. I would have only fulfil 152 hours by the end of this year. So now is a matter of comfortably taking JLPT4 with a higher possibility of passing OR benkyou-ing on my own and taking the (low-passing possibility) risk for JLPT3.

I do not really feel like taking JLPT4 as it is not very challenging for my proficiency level. I have tried the 2004 paper and did not find it too difficult. However, there are still many JLPT3 grammar and vocabulary syllabi that I have yet to learn. Will taking JLPT3 the end of this year be akin to a suicidal act? If I study the remaining syllabi on my own, would I manage to cover all before the exam?

I think a more crucial question will be.... do I have TIME to bridge the gap myself?????
With all the assignments, presentations and tonnes of school work, can I manage? But I love learning Japanese language alot.....

多分時間がないけど。。。。
でも JLPT3をしたいと思いますな。。。
どうしお かな。。。。

~みはる~

0 penciled thoughts:

Back to Top