The not-so-knowledgeable me didn't know harp could play solo. Rather, I didn't know harp can make such beautiful music. When both of them sat down and started plucking the strings, I was mesmerized by the sweet sounds of harp.
They played on humongous harps like these.
I thoroughly enjoyed the relaxing sounds of harp as they waltzed through the repertoire:
- JS Bach - Sixth French Suite
- Enrique Granados - Spanish Dance No. 5
- Isaac Albeniz - Cordova
- Carlos Salzedo - Tango & Rhumba
- Carloz Salzedo - Chanson Dans La Nuit
- Bernard Andres - Parvis
I particularly loved Bach's Sixth French Suite. The Allemande movement was impressive and simply lovely.
After the wonderful performance, they kindly obliged to answer questions that the audience have. And there I learnt that professional harps like these have 47 strings made of nylon and metal, weigh about 88 pounds, have 7 foot pedals and requires tuning several times a day.
The next time I listen to an orchestra, I'll be sure to listen carefully for the beautiful sounds of harp.
~みはる~


By



0 penciled thoughts:
Post a Comment