Last Friday, I towed Sis and WW to the concert hall for an evening of symphony orchestra. And I must say, apart from having a pain in the neck (from sitting too close to the stage), I'm so glad I went to this concert.
Repertoire:
- Wagner - Tannhauser: Overture and Bacchanale (Paris version)
- Brunch - Concerto for Clarinet and Viola in E minor
- Brahms - Symphony No.1 in C minor
Maestro Claus Peter Flor conducted the concert and I'm very glad he did. Under his baton, I enjoyed every song rendered that night. The dynamics were incredibly flowing and simply beautiful.
I loved the graceful expression of Wagner's Tannhauser Overture. The harmony is so flowing, graceful and dynamic. I don't know how to put it in words, but it's like watching the entire opera with my ears. Also, I didn't expect to enjoy Brunch's Concerto for clarinet and viola so much. The melancholic duet between the viola and clarinet was simply marvelous. The pairing of the instruments is simply appropriate and the hollow alto sound alternated between melancholy and gentleness so sweet I could actually see imaginary maple leaves falling in an autumn sky. It was simply the loveliest music I've heard from these two not-so-high-profile instruments.
Of course, my ultimate enjoyment of the night was Brahms' First Symphony, also famously called Beethoven's Tenth. Maestro Flor conducted without a score and his interpretation of the symphony was more dynamic than the recordings I've heard so far. The first and final movements were fast and ferocious, whereas the second and third movements were gentle, sweet and graceful. I was trembling in resonance (I was like 3 rows away from the stage) when the final movement was played with such ferocity. Thoroughly, completely enjoyed every bar of it.
I'm so so so so happy I decided to go for this concert. And I hope the next one will be just as exciting!
~みはる~

By



0 penciled thoughts:
Post a Comment