New Kid On The Block

We've got Garfield checking in to our cat shelter.

Photobucket

Siren has been missing for several months now, and according to Mum, she's mostly like drowned in the monsoon drain. I'd think she eloped with the tomcat from the adjacent lane though.

But this new kitten has a special coat. I've never seen a stray that is orange. Very reminiscent of Garfield. I wonder if it indulges in lasagna too.

Although it's kinda nice knowing there's another 'pet' hanging around, it can't seem to really replace the affection we had for Siren. She's like... a first love. Adopted at infancy and watching her grow into adulthood, it's like nurturing a seedling with affection and care. And there's a kind of loneliness and sadness when she's gone (eloping with some tomcat!!)

I supposed that's why I never want to keep pets. I've got a bad case of Empty Nest Syndrome.

~みはる~

1 penciled thoughts:

Weng Khong LIM said...

Haha! You should get a dog to see if your new cat bullies it or not. :P If so, then confirm it's a reincarnation of garfield already.

Back to Top