0

ただいま帰りました。。?

It's a been almost 28 hours since I've return from Tokyo. But in about 55 hours, I'll be leaving for my campus in Singapore again. Wow... I'm actually home for like less than 10 days?

So, I was in the Immigration office in the city centre just now, and I encountered this hazukashii moment again. Everytime I put down my thumb for the thumb-print scanning in the immigration/registration department, the officer will give me this annoyed look and say "Your thumb print is undetectable!". Okay, like so, I have a bad thumb. It has faint prints. Computers can't read it. Baka technology. It's not like it's my fault my thumb prints can't be read. It's probably genetics. This time round, the lady told me, "Tak boleh scan lah. Ibu jari rosak." I looked at my thumb and went, huhh? How can ibu jari be rosak... it is peeling a little due to the dry weather in Japan, but my ibu jari is not rosak okayy. However, she didn't pursue the matter further and cleared my passport renewal application. I just hope that I won't be held up at international customs and be accused to be an illegal immigrant without thumb prints.

On another note, I think I'm going thru some sort of post-travel-culture-shock-syndrome (PTCSS). In the process of renewing my passport, I had to pay for the application form. So after I handed the Malay lady officer the money, she gave me the form and guess what? I automatically blurted, "Arigatou gozaimasu." Oops.. kinda forgot I'm already back in Malaysia. I don't know if it was loud enough to reach her ears, but I was positive she gave me this weird look. I think somewhere in the grooves of my brain, my subconscious is still in Japanese mode. I still anticipate Japanese responses and the frequently used "Sumimasen" and "Arigatou gozaimasu" are still set as default conversational replies. Now, where is my reset button?

~みはる~

0 penciled thoughts:

Back to Top