本日はあたしの誕生日です。
そして、あたしの優しくていいお友達たちは私の為にケーキをかって、一緒にあたしの誕生日を祝いました。
それから、夜には家の近くのホーカーセンターで別の友達と一緒に晩ご飯をたべました。赤いたまごもたべました。
一日中沢山たべました。友達のことがいいですね。。。
今とても幸せだとおもいます。。
Yes I know, the whole lot of Japanese scribbles may meant nothing to most of my readers here....I just want to flaunt my Japanese writing competency. :P
Anyway, what I really want to convey is that I'm one happy H.sapiens today!!
In the morning, I received a surprise phone call from Mum, who took a few mins off her office work just to wish me a Happy Birthday. I had just finished rehearsing my Genetics presentation for the last time and was rushing to leave for campus, when my handphone buzzed. I was very touched that Mum took the time out to call me... and it gave me a good start for the day!
So, my presentation went on pretty smoothly, although I was pretty nervous up on the stage. I had only 4 hours of sleep last night and was not in a very alert state of mind, so when Prof. T asked me a slightly tricky question for the Q&A session, I was thrown off the balance and started crapping whatever I deemed logic at that moment of time and just stunned when he further questioned me. Nevertheless, it is all over and after the class, my school friends bought me and AL (whose B'day was a few days ago) a cake and celebrated together at the school cafe. We even got b'day greetings from the cleaning aunties at the cafe!! >_<
After school I went back to my room with the intention to take a nap. However, I ended up reading papers for this Friday's assignment deadline, downloading Bleach 96 and finally was surfing the Internet for postgraduate Monbukagakushou information. So ineffective.
Then in the evening, my housemates returned and along with a few close friends, we went down to the seafood hawker coffee shop for a hearty dinner. Although small in number, but it was nice to have a scrumptious dinner with my friends.
In the night, Dad then called to wish me Happy Birthday. Then I chatted with my parents for a good 30 mins about my happy day.
To this moment, I have received many calls, MSN messages, SMS-es, e-cards, and even Friendster messages of people wishing me a Happy Birthday. Some may not be very close friends, but the fact that they take the time to say 'Happy Birthday' touched me deeply. What more, I'm especially happy to receive greetings from my old schoolmates... it serves as a reminder that no matter how long or how far we've been apart, they still remember me as a friend.
So, the events on this day when I graduate from 22 years of my life in this tiny planet Earth showed me that there are many people in the world that still care about your existence. Not to sound bitter, but in the 22 years I have seen and experienced many moments that left me wondering if I have a sliver of faith left in the people around me. I find that I had a tendency to distance myself from people to avoid drowning in the emotional whirlpool that comes with complex human relations. But sometimes, these people then remind me that there are good people on Earth and no matter what happens, having faith in friends can make your world a little happier and cheerful.
So, this is to all of you who made my day today.... Cheers to friendship!!!
~みはる~
Little Raincoat Girls
-
Little girls in raincoats are so cute.
[image: Photobucket]
Saw a little girl decked in a mini-raincoat and carrying a mini
strawberry-shaped umbrella on ...
15 years ago
By



0 penciled thoughts:
Post a Comment