0

Honey & Clover II 10

I cheated 20 mins of my presentation-preparation time to watch this episode. And I just have to blog this ep.

It's a very depressing episode.

No, it's not supposed to be taken negatively. I love watching Honey & Clover because it gives such a vivid portrayal of reality and the struggles each of us would bound to have to come across. But this episode dished out so much reality and sadness, I felt depressed watching it. It was especially sad when Hagu-chan cried her fears to Shuuji, and it was even sadder when Hagu-chan took Morita in her arms allowing him to cry his fears to her. It was clear Shuuji will give his life to care for Hagu-chan, but at the same time, it is Morita that Hagu-chan could very well relate to (sans his eccentric behavior). And although Morita was seen as the 'joker' of the group, it was very well conveyed in this episode that he has his deep insecurities & heartache and he, too, longed for someone to be together always (Kaoru and Hagu-chan); just as Hagu-chan wanted someone to open all the 'boxes' together with her in her life.

I don't even know where to start commenting this brilliantly-done-epsiode from, but I definitely recommend Honey & Clover series to everyone (for ep. reviews of Honey & Clover, please visit Random Curiosity; Omni did a great job). The complexity of human relations and the harsh reality are so vividly portrayed and I'm sure many people can relate very well to the characters in the series. Be warned though, that the second season is generously served with depressing issues.

ハチミツとクローバー

~みはる~

0 penciled thoughts:

Back to Top