xxxHolic anime season 1 ended with episode 23 T_T
I didn't expect it to end at 23 episodes, but when I was watching the final ep, I was like thinking, "Hmm...the way they portray the Watanuki x Doumeki relationship is very finale-like". And true as it is, season 1 ended with the end of this episode.
The finale episode is a potpurri of sad, sweet, melancholic, mysterious and touching emotions. I was especially sad for Watanuki when the obasan died of Doumeki's spiritual arrow and when Yuuko told him that he had to chose how he should approach Doumeki after the incident. I was also touched when Doumeki said he did what he did because it was a choice that he made; and that is he chose to keep Watanuki alive, at the expense of going against the latter's wishes. How aptly the episode was named: センタク(Choice). This is really the beginning of the whole Watanuki x Doumeki dependence thing (the manga now is showing lots of it). I hope we'll get a second season of xxxHolic that will animate all the current manga arcs.
With this finale, I'm terribly sad because xxxHolic has been and still is my favourite spring anime for this year. I love the colors, animation, soundtrack.... but most of all, the storyline, characters and the voice actors. As a result, xxxHolic anime is fantastic. How can I not have anymore xxxHolic to look forward to every week?????? T_T
Thank goodness, however, the manga is still going on and it looks like Clamp is going to unfold many more mysterious secrets and fabulous plots in their beautiful signature graphics. I can't wait to see what going to happen to Watanuki, Doumeki and Himawari. Apparently, Clamp loves to hold us all in suspense *tugs hair in frustration*
Well, all I can say is.... xxxHolic banzai!!!

Loneliness shared between Watanuki & the ayakashi.

Doumeki, stoic and cool, chose to fire at the ayakashi.

Yuuko: Doumeki also made a choice.

マルとモロはワタヌキに心配しました。
Screenshots from Fansub.tv
~みはる~
By



0 penciled thoughts:
Post a Comment