I believe mastering language is all about immersing yourself in it and frequently practising it to the extend that you live with it. Apparently, that is what I am currently doing in learning Japanese Language. However, what happened earlier is probably a sign of my Japanese-overdrive.
I was sitting at home when a phone call came. So I picked it up and this Malay lady asked to speak to my dad.
M-lady : Helo, boleh saya cakap dengan Encik C?
Me : だれ?
Or so, I was going to say. My Malay vocabulary blanked out on me. Racking my brain frantically, I searched for the right word to say.
Me : Siapa? (I can't even think of the correct translation for 'Who's there?" -_-''')
M-lady : *said something that was not quite legible to me*
Me : なに?
Shimatta... I really can't carry a decent Malay conversation. So I replied in English. And what the crap, the lady CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH! So when she asked if she could have Dad's handphone number, I wanted to say that he's not having his handphone now. Instead, all that was going in my head was... ”今けいたいをもってないが。。。”
After some struggling, I managed to carry through the conversation with a smattering of Malay and English, while keeping Japanese words at bay. たいへん。。。
Looks like I have to do some re-wiring of my Language output mode asap.
~みはる~
Little Raincoat Girls
-
Little girls in raincoats are so cute.
[image: Photobucket]
Saw a little girl decked in a mini-raincoat and carrying a mini
strawberry-shaped umbrella on ...
15 years ago
By



1 penciled thoughts:
don't speak jap with me...i dunno how to ans... :P
Post a Comment