0

美しい日本の私

美しい日本の私 (Japan, the Beautiful and Myself)

I came across these beautiful poems when reading the autumn edition of Kateigaho magazine featuring Kawabata Yasunari's Nobel lecture.


春は花夏ほととぎす秋は月冬雪さえてすずしかりけり

-道元(1200年~53年)の「本来面目」-

( "In the spring, cherry blossoms, in the summer the cuckoo.
In autumn the moon, and in winter the snow, clear, cold."
- quoted from 'Innate Spirit, by Dougen )



雲を出でて我にともなふ冬の月風や身にしむ雪や冷めたき

-明恵上人(1173年~1232年)-

( "The winter moon comes from the clouds
to keep me company.
The wind is piercing, the snow is cold."
-by Myoe )



...月を見る我が月になり、
我に見られる月が我になり、
自然に没入、自然と合一してぬます。

( "Seeing the moon, he becomes the moon,
the moon seen by him becomes him.
He sinks into nature, becomes one with nature.”

- quoted from Japan, the Beautiful and Myself
Kawabata Yasunari, Nobel Laureate 1968 )


I have an innate fetish for abstract and reflective poems or haiku and the likes, so bear with the literary phrenetic mood of mine. I find it simply amazing these poetic maestroes can churn such emotionally rendering words.
本当に美しかった。

~みはる~

0 penciled thoughts:

Back to Top