0

ぐうぜん。。。かな?

やぁみんな、元気してたかい?

Don't quite know why, but in quite a chirpy mood today (although I hate being chirpy). But anyway.

In my last post, I listed 5 resolutions (heck, it's not even New Year's yet...). And when I put those 5 resolutions as my "I Want To..." list on my blog side bar, I thought, "This will just be a wishlist if I don't do something about it".

Several days later, I received a call from the Japanese school I signed up, informing me that I've successfully been placed into a Pre-advanced Japanese class, after a 3-month wait. I was pleasantly surprised at the timing. There was I getting all pumped up about mastering Japanese, and mysteriously, opportunity presented itself for me to realize my wish.

ここで、ホリックのゆうこのせりふがします:「この世に偶然なんてない、あるのは必然だけ」。まぁ、そのおいといで。。。

So finally, I went for my first class last week. It was alot of fun. The class was comfortably sized, with approximately 15 students and one Maeda-sensei. All first Japanese classes run by default: 自己紹介(introduction). You know, the "Hajimemashite...hitotsu yoroshiku onegaishimasu" stuff. でもね、the weirdest thing was Sensei missed my 自己紹介- twice. First was when she did the attendance thing. The "X-san? Hai!" thing. She called on everyone except me. I thought I stepped into the wrong class or something. In the end, I had to called after her to call my name. Sooo not my idea of introduction.

The second time Sensei missed me again was when we did a 自己紹介 exercise. We worked in pairs and are supposed to introduce our partner to the class after a brief getting-to-know-each-other time. Everyone introduce their partner, including myself... except my partner. So, basically, I was not introduced to the class, again. まさか、先生わざだったの?T_T

However, I'll look over it as a first day glitch or two. The class interaction was great, with everyone talking at ease. Much to my surprise, every single other student in the classroom is a working adult except me. I think I could have been the youngest in there. I was also quite surprised to find the level of Japanese in there not very high. I had thought with one year interval since my last proper Japanese lesson, I may need to work harder, compared to the ongoing students. But in the end, I had to explain some of the words and sentence structure that was used in the class to the other students. Although quite relieved the starting level is not too difficult, I'm still a little surprised (and maybe disappointed). でも、これからも日本語の勉強がんばります!上手になるまでに一所懸命頑張ります。

Have you experienced times where opportunities seemed to bloom at your feet at your every wish and request?

I think I may have.

After my Japanese class, I walked out and just next door, is a classical music school/store. On the door, a notice reads: Free trial lessons for violin, flute, saxophone, viola, ... (insert more instrument names here).

*Scrolls down to my last post* Learning violin is one of my other things-I-want-to-do !!

またここで、ゆうこのせりふがする:「この世に偶然なんてない、あるのは必然だけ」。なんか、私こうやって好きだ。おいといで。。。

I went into the shop and a very friendly man entertained my request. We discussed about playing violin, the lessons offered (i.e. talk money. No fees, no class), and the violin teacher they have. As promised on the flyer, he offered to arrange a free trial lesson for me to get acquainted to playing violin and also to get to know the teacher. I thought it was a pretty tempting deal to pass, so I (uncharacteristically spontaneously) took his offer. So, suffice to say, I left the shop with a violin class appointment next week.

In that one day, I was granted the opportunities and the beginnings to do what I had haphazardly listed in my last post. And it dawned upon me, that maybe that list will not become a wishlist afterall. I am still thinking whether to seriously take up violin because I understood my work commitments will only get heavier with time (teaching duties, thesis for confirmation, data to publish paper, data to write thesis, mentoring students, etc, etc), but at the same time, I wanted so much to give the girl in me, the one who loves music and never quite properly finish learning one instrument, a chance to do at least one carefree thing she had given up somewhere in her childhood for conforming to the society's demands. I would hate to look back and sigh, "I wish I had learned violin then".

偶然なんてない、でしょう?

~みはる~

0 penciled thoughts:

Back to Top