0

Kirishima

(This post is the English version of the previous one)

Photobucket

I've came back to my hometown for the year end holidays, and naturally, ended up doing what I do best at home: eat.

My family and I had a little Christmas eve treat by sampling the special Christmas menu dished out by the best Japanese cuisine chefs in town in a cosy little restaurant called Kirishima. All you Pg'ites should know this is the place to get the best Japanese food in the northern region.

We were tantalized with the freshest ever Sashimi Moriawase coupled with the freshed ever Garden Salad. Let me tell you that I have never tasted such fresh sashimi in town. This is something like you would get in Tsukiji Market at Ginza, Tokyo. Two thumbs up.

The appetizing prelude was followed by the main course, which is a palate of a variety of their specials portioned just right for a single helping. There's (another super fresh) Jumbo Ebi Fry, some fragrant meatballs I have no idea how they prepared it, and never-seen-before Futomaki generously decorated with grilled Unagi stuffed with really good things apart from seaweed. Of course, it wouldn't be Christmas without a good helping of turkey perfectly done and blanketed with light gravy so good you would ask for more. A cute pot of donburi (something like soup) was served alongside the main dish. I can't comment much, except that it sends my tastebuds to heaven with the pleasing mix of yuzu (citrus) and all sorts of Japanese-style essence (kombu, bonito, etc etc). Two thumbs up.

Dessert was their special homemade Kurogoma (black sesame) ice cream, which I think is extremely good because it wasn't too sweet or creamy, and gave a satisfactory end to the already delicious meal. Two thumbs up.

I lost count how many thumbs up the Christmas set has earned.
Point being, every Japanese food-philic should visit Kirishima at least once.

~みはる~

0 penciled thoughts:

Back to Top