A month later, I'm enjoying playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star ^^

Kotomi, my beginner's violin
It really helped that I had some background theory in reading music. Because I was able to read the score, I could channel my efforts to improve on my pitching (I'm quite the opposite of pitch perfect) and fingering (my bones are most inflexible).
On my first lesson, I received my pre-ordered beginner's violin (which from now on shall be called Kotomi) and naturally, was quite excited about playing it. When my tutor picked it up and strummed the strings, her face fell. "This is very out of tune". Daang. So while I played on her violin, she helped me tune Kotomi. So she was turning the scrolls, tuning and tuning, and suddenly the A-string snapped. We both looked at Kotomi, dumbfounded. A brand new violin snapping. My, it sure gives lots of confidence.
But it could be my tutor tweaked the A-string scroll a little too much. So we changed the A-string, which was a good opportunity for her to show me how to change the strings on my own.
One month later, Kotomi is doing well and sounding good, except when I bow weird (which is like 70% of the time....? ^^;) We have covered most of the notes on the first fingerboard position, so I could already start playing pieces in D and A major. やった!
I'm looking forward to the day I can play a violin sonata.
これからもがんばります!
~みはる~
On my first lesson, I received my pre-ordered beginner's violin (which from now on shall be called Kotomi) and naturally, was quite excited about playing it. When my tutor picked it up and strummed the strings, her face fell. "This is very out of tune". Daang. So while I played on her violin, she helped me tune Kotomi. So she was turning the scrolls, tuning and tuning, and suddenly the A-string snapped. We both looked at Kotomi, dumbfounded. A brand new violin snapping. My, it sure gives lots of confidence.
But it could be my tutor tweaked the A-string scroll a little too much. So we changed the A-string, which was a good opportunity for her to show me how to change the strings on my own.
One month later, Kotomi is doing well and sounding good, except when I bow weird (which is like 70% of the time....? ^^;) We have covered most of the notes on the first fingerboard position, so I could already start playing pieces in D and A major. やった!
I'm looking forward to the day I can play a violin sonata.
これからもがんばります!
~みはる~
By



0 penciled thoughts:
Post a Comment