0

始まったよ

The semester examinations are here.
13.04.06 - LJ81 Japanese Level2
20.04.06 - BS306 Developmental Biology
24.04.06 - BS307 Computational Biology & Structural Modeling
27.04.06 - BS308 Cancer Biology
02.05.06 - BS309 Human Genetics
04.05.06 - BS310 Experimental Techniques in Molecular Biology

One paper down. Five more to go.

What do you buy after you learnt how to play tennis?
テニスを習いますから、週末に ____と____を買いに行きます。

もちろん, in the second blank you put ラケット、でしょう?
But I spent like some 10 mins racking my brains what katakana word to place in the first blank. There's barely a hundred katakana words that we learnt in this semester.
ha.n.ka.chi? (but why would you need a hankerchief for tennis?)
bi.de.o? (.....)
arrghh...
In the end, for the sake of filling in the blank, I place the only katakana I deemed most logical: ペット (pet). Yes, call me crazy, but it does make sense if you say: "After learning tennis, I go to buy racket with my pet." -_-

Oh, the composition was even more eventful. I had sort of mentally prepared for much more mundane topics like 休みに何をしたいですか (what would you like to do during the holidays) or first grade faves like あなたのしゅみはなんですか (what is your hobby).

When I saw the title:
あなたは将来どんな人と結婚したいですか。
そしてどんなうちにすみたいですか。

*faint*
How much can you write about the person you want to marry with such limited vocabulary????? I was stunned, but at the same time amused. Ironically, my coursemates and I were discussing this topic when we were waiting for our turn during the Japanese oral test.

-flasback starts-

me : RM, what did sensei ask you?
RM : What kind of person you want to marry in the future?
XN & me : ??????
me : Then, how did you reply?
RM : Hansamu de shinsetsu na hito ga hoshii desu.
XN & me : uwaaaa.... HOSHII???
KB & KC : (snickers)
me : But 'hoshii' sounds kinda strong.... KB, how do we say 'want to marry'?
KB : kekkon shitai.
me : sou ka na.... Geez I didn't think this would be asked. Don't think will come out for exam gua.....
XN : Neither do I.... kekkonshitai? tsk tsk.

-flashback ends-

As Nana Komatsu would say, "This is the doing of the demon king" .


~みはる~

0 penciled thoughts:

Back to Top