Gomen, gomen!
Lots of things had been happening and I had not the time to blog T_T
FYP had started since last week, or rather, preliminary work for FYP had started. My mentor(s) and I had worked on 3 experiments to date, of which 2 are to optimize the new equipment. Aaa, chotto matta. I haven't properly introduced my FYP yet.
My FYP (Final Year Project, equivalent to what most of you will call a thesis project) is umm, something to do with biofilm, fluorescence-activating-cell-sorter, bacterial library clones, bacterial promoters. There you go.
Like I said, I'm still at preliminary stage and have not exactly started on my project yet, so it's kinda difficult to explain. But it's nice to work with bacteria cause they grow FAST! nyahaha. This is especially good if you need to repeat experiments to get good data. But no good because you get no life - bacteria will keep proliferating exponentially regardless you have weekend plans or not. What selfish creatures. My entire weekend last week was spent playing with these selfish creatures.
As a result of my weekend spent in the North Pole (I meant, North building), I came down with high fever on Sunday. I don't know if the university is filthy rich or plain ignorant, but they NEVER fix the air-conditioning temperatures in the school buildings! The labs and microscope rooms are FREEZING cold! I was shivering when using the confocal microscope in South Pole (I meant, building). And it didn't help that the stupid confocal software kept hanging and required restarting.
On top of burning at 38.8 degrees, my intestinal system decided to join in the Sickness Carnival to, well, make me feel more sick. In the end, I had diarrhea, and eventually, a massive headache that made me nauseous. I spent my day yesterday alternating between the bedroom and the toilet. The weather was also very gloomy and it rained more than 36 hours straight, non-stop. Made me felt even more depressed.
However, thankfully, after a day's rest in bed, I'm all okay and bounding back to the lab to play with bacteria again.
でも!
Two days later I'll be going home again XD I'm sure many people will be heading home for holidays too.
Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays to all of you!
メーリクリスマス!!!
~みはる~
Little Raincoat Girls
-
Little girls in raincoats are so cute.
[image: Photobucket]
Saw a little girl decked in a mini-raincoat and carrying a mini
strawberry-shaped umbrella on ...
15 years ago
By



0 penciled thoughts:
Post a Comment