My kitchen is cursed to be the cleanest. And central to this curse is the jinx box so-called Washing Machine.
I reached my apartment this morning and loaded the first of my three laundry load into the washing machine. While waiting for the laundry to be done, I swept and mopped the floor. Like it should normally be, the machine sang its "Laundry-is-done!" song after half an hour and I put the laundry out to dry before refilling the machine with the second batch of laundry and took my shower. When I stepped out of the shower, I thought I saw my image on the kitchen floor. Now, I know I mopped the floor pretty well, but definitely not to the extend the kitchen floor would sparkle and mirror my image. Fetching my glasses from my room, I return to the kitchen and to my utmost horror, soapy water is leaking from the bottom of the washing machine. The drainage pipe was intact and well placed in the bathroom, but the machine is leaking!
Quickly, I lifted the lid of the machine and to my horror, again, the laundry drum is filled to the brim with soap water, with shiny soap suds as the icing. By reflex, I paused the washing program, thinking that it would stop the water from flowing out of the machine. The jinxed box had better ideas: it preferred to continue flooding the kitchen with soap suds regardless the program is halted or not. So it kept leaking as I watched in dismay. When I tried to determine the source of leakage, I was stump to find the source of Soap River coming from the bottom of the machine - meaning, I have no idea what is going on. Frantically, I tried all means to stop the soap water from turning my kitchen into a swimming pool... using rags and mop to stop the water flow. I mean, man!!... I just cleaned the kitchen!
After the floor is not longer Soap Pool, I tried to investigate and figure out how to fix the machine by myself before splurging the bucks on the pros. Scientific Me decided to try and run the Wash Programme, which leads to the laundry drum being filled with water. Scientific Me apparently wasn't very bright at all, and when the laundry drum was filled, Soap River gushed enthusiastically. Now just who am I kidding... instead of fixing the problem, I've just land me in Soap Pool once again. Can you imagine the agony of having mopping the kitchen dry right after you just mopped it dry??
I gave up and in desperation, messaged two friends to ask them who I could contact to fix the jinxed box. I have never anticipated the prospects of having a broken washing machine, so I basically have no idea who to call or how to look for the repairman. In the end, thanks to Mr. S, I managed to contact the Jinx Box Savior. However, Jinx Box Savior is not all the time a nice guy, and he charged me $80 to fix the washing machine by unscrewing-and-rescrewing things as well as bundling some snakelike tubes in Jinx Box using some flimsy plastic strips. There goes every single dollar in my wallet...however, I shan't complain much as Jinx Box obediently finished my third round of laundry.
Apparently, Jinx Box is so enthusiastic in doing its job that it cleans more than just my laundry. As a result, my kitchen is always sparkling clean. Maybe if I look carefully I can see my mirror image on the kitchen floor...
Little Raincoat Girls
-
Little girls in raincoats are so cute.
[image: Photobucket]
Saw a little girl decked in a mini-raincoat and carrying a mini
strawberry-shaped umbrella on ...
15 years ago
By



0 penciled thoughts:
Post a Comment