6

金色のコルダ

You know when you watch a show and it makes you go, "If only I could do that..."
Thanks to Shiyun-san's recommendation, I'm now in a wishful-thinking-mode of, "If I had done music instead..." And it's all because of this:

金色のコルダ
La Corda d'Oro ~Primo Passo~

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes, music is my mental staple food. My love for music began at an early age. I remembered doing solo chacha and Japanese dances for the annual kindergarten performances, of which elevated to something more ambitious like choreographing dance moves for Awards Day in elementary school. High school saw more ensemble performances; woodwinds, traditional Javanese instruments, choir and the like. My earlier university days were hyped with Latin dancing, which I had enjoyed alot. When music plays and the feeling is right, I could feel life and excitement coursing in my blood.

Even though I liked music since young, my formal music education did not start until I was in high school. I don't recall playing anything extravagant during my elementary days, apart from the pianica, tambourine, triangles and castanets. I had always envied my neighbour's daughter who could play piano very well, and each time I paid her a visit, I weasel my chance to touch the black and white piano keys, much to her mother's annoyance. However, my family could not afford professional music lessons until I was in high school. Some people thought that age is pretty much late for learning piano, but I was enthusiastic to finally be able to learn to play it properly. So enthusiastic was I that I managed to persuade my parents to sign me up for organ classes as well.

However, high school equates national exams, and soon I became burdened with schoolwork and practice. I began to slack on practice for schoolwork, to the extend piano classes became a chore and I was terrified of going to class because I could not play without practice. Finally I stopped piano and organ lessons and it never picked up from there.

Some time last year, the Japanese drama Nodame Cantabile aired. I was filled with nostalgia and, maybe, regret when the beautiful sound of music rolled out with each episode. Beethoven, Schubert, Chopin, Mozart,... the richness of classical music resonated the music I loved so much. Watching the piano duet by Nodame and Chiaki, I regretted not persevering through my piano classes. How I wish I had the discipline to complete my music education then.

And now, when I watched La Corda d'Oro, the sounds of piano and violin once again stirred my incomplete musical dreams. I wishfully thought, "What it's like to be able to play the piano at a concour? What if I had learnt to play the violin too?"

I figured this wishful thinking would come back to me, neverending, the next time I watch another classical music show, so I came out with a little "5 Things I Want To Do Before I Die" list:

1. Get a piano and finish my piano Diploma.
2. Learn to play violin.
3. Give a public piano/violin performance.
4. Watch a real orchestra concert in Vienna.
5. Master Japanese.

Number 5 is out of point, but I just want to speak another language.

Told you music makes my blood excited, didn't I?

~みはる~

6 penciled thoughts:

Hoshi said...

Ah... you finally watched it? I thought that the music in this series isn't as impressive as Nodame's (La Corda's more focussed on the relationships I supposed). But watching a bunch of pretty boys play different music instruments made me happy. ^^

And since I'm recently watching animes for seiyuus... you might like to know that 4 out of 5 of the leading males are also in Bleach. (andoneofthemisthestrawberry)

Miharu said...

Yup, finally *began* watching it! Actually I think it's pretty good. Animation-wise, it's more realistic. Like when the violinists were playing, you can see the fingers sliding up and down, and the vibrato's were also well done. Nodame anime didn't give as much realism. And I agree with the pretty boys part... what's not to like when bishies brandish their polished instruments and belt out romantic tunes :P The opening and ending themes were also great to boot (Stella~~r Quintet!!) ^^

Great minds think alike... I've been scanning seiyuu lists before actually watching the anime too. Am particularly weak for JunJun, Sugita-kun, Orikasa Fumiko, Hisakawa Aya, Seki Tomokazu.. just to list a few. And yea, La Corda had quite alot of shinigamis in there. Wonder if they'll bankai at the end of La Corda :P

Hoshi said...

I like Sugita for his Gintama. Great voice work that show!! And I like Jun, Miyano Mamoru, Sakamoto Maaya, Sakurai Takahiro... (list goes on)

I LOVE the opening song. It's so nice!! Ironically, I got the feeling that even if all of them bankai-ed, the shinigamis (and one arrancar) wouldn't get the girl. (ah, spoiler? >>;)

Miharu said...

いやだああ~~!

And I was hoping for some Violin Romance between Hino and Tsukimori.. T_T

Hoshi said...

Tsukimori isn't a shinigami, is he? Lol. I hope you get the hint. XD (no more spoilers from me I'm keeping my mouth zipped from now.)

Miharu said...

あっ!そうだようね~

Now I can go back to hoping for a romantic violin duet of Ave Maria ^^
The episode title leaves no room for imagination - "Beloved Ave Maria"

Back to Top