Sometime after midnight last night, I was going for a shower when I heard pitiful meowing from my backyard. Thinking it was just some random kitten in the drain waiting for mother cat to return, I didn't quite bother and went to sleep after a brief shower.
However, the meowing continued to next morning, and upon investigation, we found a sad, anorexic kitten crouching in the drainage pipe of my neighbour's house. The poor little feline, which I adopted the name Siren for its endless wailing, was jittery with fear and trembling in (what I presumed) hunger. It seemed to be using every bit of its remaining energy to cry out for its mother, which by the way is no where to be seen.
Taking pity on Siren, we tried to feed it milk (that's what kittens drink, rite?). Okay, I have not any pets before, so I didn't realize kittens despise cold HL-low fat milk. Siren refused to drink the milk I poured. Okay, so we heated the milk. Siren still refused hot HL-low fat milk. What a picky cat. Then we thought to feed it some leftover fish from dinner. Mashing silver pomfret(!) remains into easy-to-chew bits, I tried to coax the anorexic kitten to take some fishy nutrients. Siren wasn't very taken with the smell of silver pomfret, and it took a while before it stopped wailing long enough to eat some fish.
Nevertheless, Siren isn't eating much of the chunkful of fish I tried to fed it, and before long, it resumed wailing for its mummy again. I really do hope the mother heeds the kitten's call before Siren dies of wailing in the cold.
Siren refusing milk, crouching behind my neighbor's slippers in apprehension.
~みはる~


By



2 penciled thoughts:
I've heard from people more than once that cats love beef. Try feeding it some. It might be looking for it's mother and refusing to eat so do try to keep it alive, or it'll die really quickly.
We're kinda suspecting it used to belong to someone and the owner just abandoned it at my neighbor's backyard. It didn't seem like mother cat will be making her appearance anytime soon... I hope it stays alive long enough till my cat-loving neighbor returns.
Post a Comment